Utah Teacher Reciprocity Agreements
The state of Utah allows teachers and individuals who have completed an accredited teacher preparation program out-of-state to use their current credentials to become certified in Utah. The following are a checklist of the materials necessary for completing an Out-of-State Teacher Certification application.
- The completed application form. Find the form on the Utah DOE website.
- The evaluation filing fee of $80 (fee increases to $90 on July 1, 2011). Make your check or money order out to USOE.
- Official copies of all college/university transcripts. Transcripts need to be originals, not photocopies.
- If you are a new graduate, and do not yet have a license from your home state, the recommendation of the institution that granted you your degree.
- If you have a license(s) from another state, an original or clear photocopy of said license(s).
- If you have teaching experience, verification of this experience.
- PRAXIS II test scores or a copy of your admission ticket.
- Verification that you have applied for the required background check.
Contact the Utah Department of Education if you have further questions about the process of certification, (801) 538 7500.
The following are member states of the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement who have signed reciprocity agreements with Utah.
|| South Carolina
|| New Hampshire
|| South Dakota
|| New Mexico
|| New York
|| North Carolina
|| North Dakota
|| Rhode Island